Saturday, June 13, 2015

What's All This Fuss About Zumba?

I survived! I survived! A high impact Zumba class, with modifications. I felt I kept up fairly well for a 2 month absence. I knew I desperately missed Zumba... But not sure I realized how much until today.

Zumba, as I have stated before, is my anti-drug. It's my go-to stress reliever. I will never forget my cousin Tiffany inviting me to Michelle Carpenter's class a few years ago. First, I thought Michelle was crazy. (In a good way... ) Through zumba I realized all women feel the same way about their bodies, doesn't matter your weight. (Not because of zumba...) We focus on the imperfections.

My second class was a real eye opener when I was dragged to the front of a room... With a wall mirror. Yes, I was terrified. But I was hooked.

You see, for 40 minutes, you escape. Into a world of Shakira, Pitbull,  J-Lo, and a bunch of artists I can't pronounce. You feel the energy of the instructor, forgetting you look nothing like them. There's camaraderie, laughing, dancing, sweating, pain, and oh, yeah - exercise.

It's nearly so much fun you forget it's a workout unless it's a squat song. Because it's cardio, it releases endorphins. Its a great calorie burning activity.

I love the Zumba instructors at Kore 7. They make us feel like family.  They make us feel loved.

That is why I love zumba!

No comments: