Friday, February 26, 2016

Traci's Zucchini Quinoa Pizza

Attachment 20160226_184731-1.jpg added.
Conversation opened. 1 read message.

Okay, I made some tweaks to a recipe found here. If I could do things different, I'd find 1) a sauce that's lower in sodium 2) use whole-wheat flour. Originally it was gluten-free and vegan, but it simply wasn't sticking together, even with the egg. I suppose you could add Parmesan cheese, but but there's so much fat in cheese, I'm trying to stay low-dairy over-all. And I totally forgot the yeast, but I added lots of seasoning to give it more flavor. This is definitely one of those dishes that will make a messy kitchen. This is for one personal pizza, I edited the original author's quantities, but it's filling enough for 2 if you make sweet potato chips to go along with it! (just sliced, with paprika, parsley, pepper, very very little salt, very little EVOO). I could have added cheese to the crust,  This was higher in calories than I expected, but I had a lower-calorie day over-all, and still came in under 1200 calories. My personal goal (because I'm higher in weight) is around 1800, even though My Fitness Pal says over 2200. I would have also added more veggies to the toppings, but this is what I had available...

Traci's Zucchini Quinoa Pizza

 Ingredients
  • 0.25 cup dry, Quinoa
  • 0.25 cup(s), Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
  • 1 tsp(s), Baking Powder
  • 0.25 tsp(s), Salt, table
  • 0.25 tsp(s), Spices - Pepper, black
  • 1 egg, Large Egg - Generic
  • 1 tsp(s), Peppers, sweet, red, raw
  • 1 tsp, Italian Seasoning
  • 0.50 cup(124g), Italian Sausage and Peppers pasta sauce
  • 4 oz, 4 oz Chicken Breast (grilled with basil)
  • 2 clove(s), Garlic
  • 2 piece, low fat mozzarella string cheese
  • 0.50 cup(s), White All Purpose Flour
  • 1 small zucchini grated

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
  2. Place the quinoa into a bowl and cover with boiling water, let sit for 5-10 mins and drain, but do not dry.
  3. Place the zucchini, quinoa, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, italian seasoning, pepper, garlic, and flour into a high powdered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
  4. Slightly oil a pizza pan (or a cookie sheet if you wanna be fancy like I was!) and pour the "batter" onto the pan.
  5. Spread to a thin fairly uniform layer and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Flip the crust and cook the other side for the same amount of time. (When you flip it might break a little bit or stick, don't worry, no one said it has to be perfect!) It's going to brown a bit, that's okay. (Mine was a little thicker, tasted great.)
  6. Take the pizza crust out of the oven and get ready to add the toppings! (just sliced up string cheese - that's all I had)
  7. Spread toppings of choice and put into the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the edges start to crisp.
Nutrition Facts
Servings 2.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories 464
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12 g 18 %
Saturated Fat 28 g 141 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113 mg 38 %
Sodium 2016 mg 84 %
Potassium 201 mg 6 %
Total Carbohydrate 30 g 10 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g 17 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 33 g 66 %
Vitamin A 15 %
Vitamin C 22 %
Calcium 25 %
Iron 16 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.


No comments: