Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Gardening Tips?

So here's the secret to my gigantic plants. Pinterest.



First, I literally tore apart Kroger diapers and put the stuffing in the dirt. It holds moisture.



Tips: Do this outside. Little white stuff gets EVERYWHERE! Have an empty bucket to put the white stuff in and a trashbag for the leftover diaper parts. The stuffing is biodegradable.

Second, I cut holes in the sides (just slits) of a 20oz plastic bottle and placed in the middle of the pot, surrounding it by dirt, but leaving the top free. I would pour the fertilizer/water mixture in it, so it would disperse better into the soil.



Lastly, I tore off the bottom of my above ground pots so they could leak excess water. I did all of this before anybody realized we would have over 20 straight days of rain this summer. Also, I killed every plant at least once. Every single plant. Too much shade, too much water, but I finally figured it out. Trial and error. Apparently plants don't like to be watered every other day in April. Haha.

No comments: