Saturday, August 15, 2015

Integrity

I clearly remember a lesson from when I was very young. I was walking out of the IGA and I found money in the gutter. I was maybe 4 or 5. I was so excited about finding money, I said, "Look Mom, I found a dollar bill!" Mom replied, "That's not a dollar bill, that's a 5 dollar bill!" I remember going back in and returning it promptly with my Mom. That's something I will never forget. She told me, "What if that was someone's last $5?" I've always been an honest person. I try to do the right thing (I'm not perfect, ask my sister). That's what we're suppose to do whether or not we are a Christian, right?

This week, I was excited to get my grade back on a paper from Week 1 (it's Week 3). Low and behold, I got 116%. I didn't know my professor gave extra credit. 93/80. I'll take it! I could use those extra points!! Then it struck me - I didn't realize extra credit was possible for this assignment? Not to my knowledge. Wait - what if it was a mistake? I will admit, I briefly contemplated not saying anything. I am human. That's not who I am. I try not to be prideful, but I take pride in my integrity. This isn't Survivor or Big Brother. So I quickly sent an e-mail to my professor. It was a mistake. While I didn't get extra credit, I knew I would have felt enormous guilt if I hadn't said anything. I was the first to come forward. I'm NOT posting about this to brag.

Remember, your little ones are ALWAYS watching. 

"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." Matthew 6:13
"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." Luke 8:17

❤️️


No comments: