Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Peach Frozen Yogurt

So I was browsing Pinterest and I found this recipe and thought I would give it a try. I'm very particular about yogurt in food. I think it's a texture thing because I don't like blue cheese, cottage cheese, etc. I generally do fruit-based smoothies because I can't do yogurt-based. I just can't.

When I was house sitting I couldn't find the food processor so I opted for the blender and it works just as well. If you're Rachael Ray fan like myself and estimate your ingredients sometimes this is not the recipe to do so. First, don't buy a large container of yogurt when you really only need one individual size. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of “plain yogurt” and it turned out fine. My preference is the Oikos brand. Remember that lemon juice comes out a lot faster than honey. Just saying.  

It was fantastic! 

Peach Frozen Yogurt ~ 4 Ingredients

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 5 min

Ingredients:
1 (16-oz.) bag frozen peaches or 4 cups fresh peaches, frozen solid
3 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or whole)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Add the frozen peaches, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.

Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.



No comments: