Friday, September 4, 2015

Not My Will But Yours

I should be celebrating today. A little break for Labor Day weekend before a new class starts. However, I find myself frustrated. MY plans are taking longer than I anticipated. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

I've been emailing my academic advisor a lot this week. I thought my schedule would only take me year. Now It looks like I won't be done until Spring or Fall 2017, not Spring 2016. I'm frustrated - almost to tears. I have finally figured out a path... I know without a doubt in my heart, this is where I'm headed, this is God's plan for my life. ME, ME, ME. While I have an idea about where I'm going, have I really focused on how I'm getting there? I've taken steps, but I have I prayed about the process? Maybe I've felt God saying ABIDE ABIDE ABIDE these last few months, because He knew all along it was going to take this long? That I was getting the cart before the horse?

God's timing, not mine. God's plans, not mine. God's will, not mine.

I read a few devotions in the morning. They are accessible on my phone. I love the accessibility. I can worship anywhere. One of them is from the Bible App called "Elisha: A Tale of Ridiculous Faith." Today's message? From 2 Kings 3: 1-27. If you want to see some water in your life, then dig a ditch. You must be willing to start small. The size of your vision isn't intimidating to God. Many don't think big enough, but even more won't start small. I find sometimes I limit my capabilities. Limit how God sees me. Anyone else? But God is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
Proverbs 16:9

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
Proverbs 31:25 

❤️‍

PS - If you're looking for devotions, the ones I use are:
Breaking Free Day by Day - by Beth Moore 
Jesus Calling - by Sarah Young
My Utmost for His Highest - by Oswald Chambers 
Elisha: A Tale of Ridiculous Faith 
 (not all at once, usually 2 or 3) 

3 comments:

MarlaW said...

What awesome insights Traci! So much I can learn from your words.

MarlaW said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks Marla ❤